PART I: INNOVATION THROUGHOUT COMPETITION LAW ANALYSIS
1. Innovation in competition law analysis : making sense of on-going academic and policy debates
Pieter Van Cleynenbreugel
2. The effects of mergers on innovation: economic framework and empirical evidence
3. Innovation by dominant firms in the market: damned if you don’t….but damned if you do?
4. Protecting innovation from unfair practices
PART II: INNOVATION AND REGULATION: CHALLENGES FOR COMPETITION LAW AND POLICY
5. Data protection considerations in antitrust analysis: funnel or straightjacket for innovation?
6. Healthcare systems and competition: challenges and boundaries for the application of competition law in highly regulated markets of the healthcare sector in the European Union
7. Competition Policy and the Development of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
Shuya Hayashi, Kunlin Wu and Benjawan Tangsatapornpan
PART III: COMPETITION LAW AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW: MAKING INNOVATION WORK?
8. Joint research and development collaborations under competition law
9. Patent settlements in the pharmaceutical industry: what can we learn from economic analysis?
Wolfgang Kerber and Jonas Severin Frank
10. Access to justice as abuse of market power? Injunctive relief on standard essential patents under US antitrust and EU competition law
Viktoria Robertson and Marco Botta
11. Wandering in the land of the EU Abuse of Rights: coordinates from the antitrust experience?
Mariateresa Maggiolino and Maria Lillà Montagnani
PART IV: THE PLATFORM ECONOMY – INNOVATION AND COMPETITION LAW AT CROSSROADS?
12. The digital economy: a challenge for competition policy?
13. Tying and two-sided digital platforms